Saturday, March 8, 2014

sol 8/31

3
2
1
"Chuck it!" everyone screams.
With the summer breeze toying with my hair, and the stars shining down on my face, I throw the can so far it almost lands on the roof of a near bye house. Blake, Britney and I run and hide it the back of the Greeer's pick up truck. This had been the first time this year we had played kick the can together, and it felt good to see each other again. We see each other every summer because we both go up to a house up in boulder.
We peek out of the truck bed at Carson in the middle of the circle. As time passes we hear our friends get called out.
"Mary Jane behind the oak tree"
"Skip behind the grey toyota"
In this time we have developed a plan. Blake runs out and grabs his little sisters barbie playhouse tent and we all go in and lift it up. From here we walk over to the can kick it and walk away.
Game
Set 
Match.

2 comments:

  1. I love the writing in this especially "With the summer breeze toying with my hair, and the stars shining down on my face, I throw the can so far it almost lands on the roof of a near bye house." Great SOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kick the can! We used to play that. My yard was the biggest, so it was always our game playing field. I also really enjoy how you ended your SOL. Very fitting.

    ReplyDelete