Monday, March 3, 2014

sol 3/31

I look around at the tall buildings above me and the cold concrete bellow me, New York is remarkable. As I walk I notice the people scurrying like mice to catch a cab or go to work. The flossing light with adds Buy Carlton's Toothpaste doctor recommended  or Try mcdonald's new cowboy burger.  It reminded me of a beehive, people scurrying around like the workers, advertisements telling them what to do as if they were commands from the queen bee.
I laugh as I picture the queen bee saying something ridiculous like "Buy Carlton's toothpaste and that's a order".  I smile one sat time at the thought and walk away scurry to catch a cab just like the other bees.

2 comments:

  1. I love New York. Were going there for spring break. Im so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NYC myself. This line, "It reminded me of a beehive, people scurrying around like the workers, advertisements telling them what to do as if they were commands from the queen bee," is really well put. Such an interesting way to say a common theme.

    ReplyDelete