Thursday, March 6, 2014

sol 6/31

After a few hours of attempting sleep I close my eyes and bite my lip and stay like that. The first few minutes is a struggle of keeping my eyes shut and then I slowly drift off into a dream…
I wake up in a house, this house isn't mine but for some reason I know I am at the top. I look out the window and see a deep pit that seems to never end. I walk down a spiral staircase that takes me to the bottom of the house and walk out the door.
There I see a girl her name is Carmen. She's wearing a knee length black skirt with a black hood I realize I am dressed in similar attire but with one small difference she has a silver chain around her neck with a red diamond I have the same necklace but mine has a small crack that for some reason I keep secret.
"Come on we will be late for temple" She grabs my arm and drags me away from my house. I realize that she is in black and white so is everything and then I realize that I have a slight pigment to my skin so slight that it was barley noticeable.
Carmen dragged me into a old broken down house where we go through a wood corridor we run down the corridor. It's dark but there's a faint light ahead. I notice that the wood has turned to to black stone with hyroglifics glowing red on the walls. We come to a room the same type of stone but this time it has a story. I some how knew the story it was of the girl who's crystal broke.
One day her crystal was busted open and she was given color. The people pushed her into the deep pit and she was never seen again.
I look around and realized that millions of people have gathered and are touching a glowing orange stone that stood on a pedestal in the middle of the room. everyone touched it then walked back down the corridor. I knew I couldn't touch it or they would know. I am not sure what they would know but they would know something they shouldn't.
I ran away people noticed and started reaching out to grab me but I pushed forward. Through the corridor, with people scratching me and trying to bring me to the stone. I ran to my house locked the front door and ran up the stairs I got to my room slammed the door and locked it I look out the window to see a angry mob of people coming to get me. I sit on my bed hyperventilating.
The crystal bursts. I look as it shatters in to millions of pieces. I watch the mob bang at my door.
The door gives way.
I scream and try to open the door to go down the backstairs and escape.
I unlock the door and try to open it, the door stays shut. I push it again but it won't open.
I hear the mob close by almost up the stairs. I look for another way out but nothing is available, nothing but… the window. I look out it down into pit bellow I cry but know I can't touch the stone.
I stand on the edge look out at the dark pit bellow in terror. I know I have no choice I take a deep breath bite my lip and…
I wake up in terror looking around at my surroundings.
it's my bedroom, just my bedroom
I sit up and tuck my knees to my chest and take a deep breath.
If it was hard sleeping before it will be impossible to sleep now
I lean back against the wall take a deep breath and lie down.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was amazing. There was so much detail and I could almost imagine it. That was a great slice! :)

    ReplyDelete