Monday, March 3, 2014

sol 2/31

I am close to exhaustion we have hiked up the trail for the last hour and a half, its dark steep and hot and I feel like if I have to take another step I will collapse.
"Perfect" my grandmother says with a smile on her face.
My dad lays down the blanket on top of the grass and then lays another on top we have learned from experience that laying down just one blanket is a misery waiting to happen. Last year we tried that tactic but my grandma decide that year that the "perfect place to stop" was in the middle of a patch of rose bushes, a mistake made once, one time to many. This year we chose a spot closer to the top of the trail.
I plot down next to Jack and pop open a soda.
"Cheers" Jack say smiling
"To he fourth of July" he says
"To our country" I say
"And all that crap" we say together
Jack and I have a tradition of saying this before the fireworks every forth of July. We sip our soda and watch as the fireworks begin. The first one is small but soon they blanket the sky in color. I just sit there and watch until I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment