Sunday, March 16, 2014

sol 16/31

I honor of the sixteenth post and the fact that this challenge is almost over (yay!) I decided to make a top eight list of my favorite songs ( get it eight times two equal eighteen, hey at least I tried to be funny) and why I think there good or bad.
My Favorite songs list
1. Rehab by Amy Whinhouse
 I love this song no madder how out dated I am told it is. I think that the lyrics about the struggle between wanting to not going rehab because she does not want to be want socially shunned, but at the same time knowing that she should to cure her alcoholism. I love this song i think the music video is dumb but it still a good song.

2. Your Song from Moulin Rough
 I personally think this song is so sweet sure its long and even though I haven't seen the musical ( ok sue me I haven't seen the musical that my favorite song is from) it still is touching and sweet. Yes I know I made two rants about how stupid love songs are, and this is sorta hypocritical, I think this song is original and beautiful.

3. Yeah by Usher
I am not quite sure why I put this up on here, maybe its because I used to be obsessed with this song when I was a little for some strange reason. The lyrics are shallow and are the generic pop star "I can't think of anything else to write song" but for some reason I love this song.

4. Stan by Eminem
I think that Eminem can write a really good song when he puts his mind to it and this is a product of that. This songs about I crazy fans obsession with a rap idol and his fan letters to this pop idol who won't answer his mail. I like this piece because its a story and Eminem tells i

5.  Happy by Pharell Williams
 It has minions need I say more.

6. Stacy's Mom by Fountains Of Wayne
I think this song has the strangest lyrics I have ever heard.  In the music video its a ten year old who's in love with his classmates mom who is four times his age. Its messed up but its catchy and kinda different so its going on here.

7. I'm Yours Jason Maraz
This song make no since whatsoever I am pretty sure that Jason Maraz was smoking  something while he was writing it, but it has a child like innocence and feeling to it which sets it apart from all these other songs.

8. Thrift Shop by Macklemore
I just like this song its so strange makes no sense and is a total hipster song but it's funny and really catchy, like really catchy.


1 comment:

  1. A very interesting and non-linier/obvious list. I think that no excuses every need to be made for liking a song, although people should always at least know what the songs are about if they sing the lyrics out loud.

    ReplyDelete