Monday, March 10, 2014

sol 10/31

I push at the door. It takes to nudges but eventually it gives way. I strap the leash on Dominos collar, she wags her tail as if the world depended on it. I pull the door shut and start to walk through my yard. I  walk up the street because I know that eventually that will lead us back around to our house.
I walk along and hear the pavement crunch under my feet with every step I take. I put my earbuds in and press shuffle on my iPod. Amy whine house Rehab. I close my eyes and listen to the music.
They tried to make me go to rehab but I said, 'No, no, no.'
Yes, I've been black but when I come back you'll know, know, know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go, go, go
By know we are almost done with our walk. I watch as Domino trys to catch to little robins on somebody's front lawn. I sigh and scratch her head as the birds carelessly fly away.
"You'll catch them eventually pup"
She looks at me as if to say
"maybe someday."

2 comments:

  1. A very short but sweet slice of life, nice work Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end of this is adorable, a nice little conversation with your puppy. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete