Monday, March 24, 2014

sol 24/31

So recently I have been thinking about princesses. Everyone either wants to be them or hates them. So thinking about this controversy I decided to make a list of my top ten disney princess out of the top ten that are in the princess line up. I am judging on talent, brains, independence, and weather or not she is a good role model.

DISCLAIMER: Is I don't add a princess that you liked I am sorry. I am just adding the ones from the current line up (look up disney princess line up if you want to know what I am talking about).

10. Aurora (Sleeping beauty)

pros: She can sing. Actually Aurora was voiced by an opera singer named Mary Costa who had a rewarding career afterwards.

cons: Aurora is lazy. She sits in a cottage baking pies and cakes all day, while being accompanied by birds and squirrels, and waiting for her prince to come, and don't make mention the crazy fairies who raise her. These fairies drive me crazy and always will.

9. Cinderella
pros: She can clean, she is kind, and she has a fairy god mother.
cons: She does nothing besides clean. She is like a pretty vacuum. She doesn't have guts, like when the prince comes with the slipper she doesn't even say "hey I danced with you it was me". Instead she sits there in the door way and watches as her sister cram there foot into the slipper ( actually I kinda would do the same because then you get to laugh at the sisters but still).

8. Snow White
pros: She is kind hearted and thinks of others.
cons: She is dumber then a sack of hammers.
I personally like Snow White but when you think about it she is not smart. She breaks into somebodys house and eats there food, when she is hiding away and praying to god the queen won't find her she lets in a strange women from outside, surely they won't hurt her.

7. Ariel
pros: She's adventurous and optimistic
cons: I hate her outfit. Seriously disney you are going to market her off to young kids and this is the clothing choice you choose. Also she is always complaining even its pretty and in song (part of your world) its still complaining

6. Jasmine
pros: She is adventurous and has a tiger for a pet
cons: Like Ariel the outfit bugs me but I have always had a soft spot for her so I put her lower on the list. She is the damsel in distress in most cases although she plays in like she is in control.

5.Rapunzel
pros: She can heal people with her hair, she has a frying pan as a weapon, and she has a pet lizard
cons: She is emotionally attached to many people/things.

4.Belle
pros: She is smart and cares for others
cons: She has Stockholm syndrome. 
Belle is in love with a bipolar werewolf who is keeping her captive in exchange for her father.

3. Pocohontes
pros: She can fight
cons: She falls in love with someone unworthy of her companionship. I think that she could have done much better and found someone who rivals her awesomeness.

2. Tiana
pros: She is hard working and has her mind set on something besides falling in love.
cons: She lets her friend overshadow her for most of the movie until the end.

DISCLAIMER: alright not all of them are part of the disney princess line up but still this one I could help but add on the list.
1. Elsa
pros: She can shoot Ice anywhere she wants
cons: she can't control her power but she's still awesome

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about princesses lately too because my daughter is in love with them. I wonder about them as role models for her and love your pro/con lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, Sloan. I was never a Disney princess girl, but did have my fair share of other stereotypical girl things and interests. It is fun to see how you view these fictional women.

    ReplyDelete