Saturday, March 7, 2015

sol march 7th

I look down into the water firmly clutching the metal bars next to me.
Its the middle of July, I am at the swimming pool finally confronting my fear of the high dive. Ok not me really more of my friend Libby forcing me to confront my fear and me fighting her while she drags me up the stairs to the top of the dive. 
"Come on Sloan you can do it"
I consider walking back down, but I know that Libby would probably just push me of off it, and honestly I would much rather jump of myself then be pushed. 
I look back at her pleadingly
"Come on people are waiting just jump" she responds
I look back down at the water. The pool below is deep but its hard to tell because of how far up we are.
I can do this. I walk towards the edge of the board slowly. I am at the very edge now looking down. Might as well get it over with I say to myself.
I close my eyes
1
2
3
I jump
A small yelp escapes me as fall towards the water. When I hit the water it hurts. I hold my breath underwater as I swim back up to the surface. When I reach the surface I see a giant splash, and a few seconds later Libby swimming towards me grinning.
"Wasn't that bad now was it"
I roll my eyes
"I am starved lets go grab something to eat" I respond as we get out of the pool and walk toward the refreshments stand for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment