Thursday, March 26, 2015

sol march 26

I clip the metal leash on to Domino's collar. We have had to switch to a metal leash after she bit through a rope one last november to attempt at catching a near by squirrel. Domino is wagging her tail so much that her back half has started shaking. She licks me and jumps up on my knee as put my sneakers on. I put on my red windbreaker and push open the front door. Our front door is old and heavy and takes a few pushes to swing open. I shut the door and walk down the front path to my next obstacle... the gate.
Our gate is like our front door, but worse. The latch doesn't fully work am it takes me a minute to two minutes to open. I pull up the latch and push, it doesn't budge. I do this again slightly harder, no result. Now I yank the latch upwards and slam into the gate. It swings open as I stumble out Domino walking beside me. I close it and go on my way.
I start walking down the street careful to avoid patches of ice. I pull out my earbuds, and walk on while I attempt to untangle them. I put the right one in and leave the left hanging out as I plug them into my phone. I click the shuffle button and continue walking. I hear the intro of Dead or Alive start in as Domino starts tugging in the direction of a near by rabbit. I rap the leash around my hand and she looks up at me pleading with her big brown eyes. I keep walking as she tugs back towards where the rabbit scurried off into the bushes. 
I look down at her
"Maybe some other time"

No comments:

Post a Comment