Sunday, March 1, 2015

sol march 1st 1 of 31

"Sloan unload the dishwasher before I come back"
"Mmmuuumph"
"I'll be back before 10:00"
"Mmmuuumph"
The door to my room shuts 
About thirty minutes later I hear the front door open and then close. 
I stare up at the ceiling
I should probably get out of bed
but it's so warm and comfy
what about getting a fresh start on the day
but... it's so soft 
I finally decide to get out of bed but not before letting out one final "Mmmuuumph".  I take a quick shower brush my teeth and put on a t shirt and some sweat pants. I walk down stairs to the kitchen for breakfast. I look down at my phone, it is 8:27. I hop on to one of the stools but the counter and pull out my testing kit. I prick my finger and put the blood on the little strip in the meter.
For those who don't know I have Type 1 diabetes, in other words a really crappy, sucky, pancreas that doesn't work. I like to picture my pancreas as a little whiny creature inside me always complaining and being annoying.
but I don't wanna work
but I don't wanna help out
As I imagine what my annoying pancreas would look like I give myself some insulin for my food and start making breakfast. I pop a peace of toast in the toaster oven and pour some milk. By the time Im finished I realize I have some time I have to wait to eat my food. I turn on the tv and put The Simpsons on. Eventually its time for me to eat and as I do so I watch Homer Simpson and Ned Flanders argue. Sometime passes and I hear the front door open.
crap
My mom comes in.
"Heeeeeeeeeey Mom"
"Hey Sloan, you get the dishwasher cleared"
"Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh..."


3 comments:

  1. What a perfect weekend slice! We've all been there, procrastinating on the chore that needs to get done and then losing track of time. I bet the dishwasher got emptied right away :) Great pancreas description too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can soo relate to the feeling of not wanting to get up or do anything. I too tend to put off stuff on the weekends

    ReplyDelete