Monday, March 16, 2015

sol march 16

Well sometimes I go out by myself and I look across the water
I bite my lip as I hold back tears. God Onions can be so annoying. I take a deep breath, the candle that was supposed to help is failing at its job. I wave a rag in the air hoping it will help
And I think of all the things that you do and in my head I paint a picture
At least the music is good. I continue my fight against the onions. Finally they are diced to perfection. I grab a handful and toss it in the big pan on the stove. The pan hisses, and I turn down the heat.
Cause since I've come home my body's been a mess
I grab another pan in the drawer beside the stove and turn on the heat. I grab my stick of butter off the near by counter top and cut a large slab off. As the butter slowly melts I start cutting up the tofu.
And I miss your ginger hair and the way you like to dress
I cut the tofu into tiny squares as I hum along with the music. I grab a spatula from a near by drawer and stir up the onions.
Why don't you come on over stop making a fool out of me
I grab the tofu that I have cut up and put it in the sizzling pan. I let the tofu cook while I stir the onions.
Why don't you come on over Valerie
By now I am belting the song like a complete weirdo while stirring onions. I am kinda curious to see what this would like from the point of view of someone passing by. I realize It's time to flip the tofu. I do this while singing (of course) and snag a piece from the pan. I take pride in myself knowing that I cooked something that doesn't completely suck. Yay mediocrity.

1 comment:

  1. This slice is anything but mediocre; it's fantastic! Your writing voice is wonderful and the way you intermixed the lyrics and cooking was well done! I could totally see you in my mind, cooking and singing away as I read this!

    ReplyDelete