Wednesday, March 4, 2015

sol march 4th 4/31

The summer sun is beating down on my shoulders as I carry out a wooden stool and a homemade sign reading:
Homemade Lemonade (scribble) 1$ a cup
under it is a drawing of a lemon that looks more like a demented jelly bean. I walk up to the side of hiking trail my brother waiting for me with a pitcher of lemonade in one hand and a stack of paper cups in the other.
"Come on Sloan"
I put down the stool and taped the sign to the front of the white plastic table I brought up a few minutes ago. My brother Carson and I sit down and wait...
and wait...

and wait...

about an hour and half has passed and we have only had four costumers. My brother went inside awhile ago to make some more lemonade and hasn't returned. I sit there waiting in complete boredom.
"Hey Sloan"
I turn around to see Carson holding to glasses walking toward a the patio table below me.
"Bring the pitcher"
Carson helps me pack up the stand and we sit down at the table. I pour the both of us a glass of lemonade. We sit outside for awhile and finish the pitcher. We only made 4$ but at least the lemonade tasted good.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet memory! The lemonade stands I've done usually make more than $4, but they're not any more exciting. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great slice! Now I want some lemonade!

    ReplyDelete