Wednesday, March 11, 2015

sol march 11

I boost myself up on to a the first branch. Then I grab the second and hoist myself even farther upwards. I look down as my cousin tries to follow me.
Tries I think
Not succeeds
I keep on going higher and higher.I reach the point where all the other tree limbs are unsteady.
I smile and grab some candy from my easter basket I have conveniently stashed up here.
I pop in my earbuds and press shuffle.I quietly look out on the street and garden below.
I decide to count the cars passing by 
one
two
three
four 
five
I love and hate easter. One you get to eat candy but that one has kinda changed for me (stupid pancreas failure). Another is that I get to see my grandma. I love old people, they usually are caring and considerate. Plus my grandma makes a killer roast beef.
Maybe I should go inside and get some more
but my cousin might catch me
cousin
beef
cousin 
beef
cousin
beef
...
beef
I hop down from the tree and go get some more roast beef

No comments:

Post a Comment