Thursday, March 12, 2015

sol march 12

I am ready to pass out.
I have hiked for an hour uphill with the hot  sun beating down on my back.
"Just a little higher" says my grandma or as I call her Gramcraker.
After five more minutes of walking we all stop.
"Where here" says Gramcracker.
I tilt my head up just enough so I can see what is in front of me.
It's a huge red rock the size of boulder with is covered by a canopy of trees.
"Were are we I ask my mom who is next me.
"We're at Tomato Rock" says my mom smiling.
My grandmother my mom and I sit down on a shady log  a couple feet from the rock.
We sip water and eat energy bars and talk for about thirty minutes.
Then we get up and walk right back down the gravel road down to our cottage.
I open the back door and as I do I feel a fresh gust of cool air which feels great.
I walk over to the couch next to my grandfather.
"Were did you go" he asked
I smile and say proudly
"We went to tomato rock."

1 comment:

  1. Great dialogue! What a lovely moment with your 'Gramcracker.'

    ReplyDelete