Friday, March 20, 2015

sol march 20

"Race you!"
My brother springs out of the car and starts running towards the direction of our house.
I look over at my mom asking permission. She shrugs and smiles as I throw the door open and then toss it closed behind me.
We are about two to three blocks from our house my mom drives next to us cheering us on for a bit, but then drives ahead of us to get home. My brother, Carson, is faster then I thought and takes me a bit to pass him avoid patches of ice and melting snow along the way. He grabs the back of my green hoodie and pulls me back so he can pass me. I then catch up to him and return the favor.
"Hey" he says surprised
"What goes around comes around"
We have been running for a few minutes and I see our house getting closer. I push myself to run a bit faster and my brother does the same. I look back at my brother who is grinning mischievously at me and I see a ball of half melted snow in his hand. He throws it at me and I dodge it,  nearly hitting my shoulder. My house is much closer now, I am about thirty feet away. Then I feel a familiar jerk on the back of my hoodie as my brother yet again pulls me back. He cuts in front of me and before I know it he has one hand on the fence.
"Beat you"
"This time"
He opens the gate and lets me in
"But" I say "I am still the Mario Kart queen"
"Not for long" He replies as we walk inside.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you wrote this in different sections (out of the car, near the house, nearer, there). Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete