Thursday, January 8, 2015

sol 6

"Sloan come over here"
My Grandmother waves me over. I just got back from the bathroom and all of a sudden everybody was crowding around the fire whispering. I walk over. I see a group of Masai warriors, talking. 
I look at my grandmother, my eyebrows raised.
"SQAAAAA!" 
I turn my head back to the Masai who have created a half circle. One of the Masai walks into the center and boosts himself up into the air and screams.
"SQAAAAA!"
The man leaves the center and joins the rest and somebody else steps into the center. He also jumps up into air.
"SQAAAAA!"
This goes on for awhile. After a few minutes they become silent and I hear a low hum. The hum rises into a chorus and they continue there jumping. It is incredible how high they can jump. I watch amazed until eventually it ends.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very...interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this the see how high you can jump without bending your knees? also, it sounds...very exciting.

    ReplyDelete