Monday, January 20, 2014

slice of life

I stare out the window as we pull into our drive way. We just came back from a three day trip to copper. I smile, it's great to be home. I stretch my legs as my Mom parks in the garage. The car comes to a stop. I get out of the car and open the door. Inside my dog lays her face buried in her paws, her tail up and wagging. Then she springs to her feet filled with excitement and runs to me I sit down to greet her. and watch as she jumps up and licks my face repeatedly.
"Hi Domino!" my brother says with more enthusiasm then he has ever talked to anyone with.
Domino greats my family and then plays a game I like to call "I think you are my toy and I want to eat you" how to play: self explanatory.
My mom, soon annoyed with the game, scoops Domino up in her arms. Domino, still wanting to play wriggles around like a fish out of water, trying to eat my moms arm. My Mom just rubs her belly and three seconds later Domino sits still with her eyes closed. I laugh at the sudden transition and take Domino up in my arms and pet her.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing my dogs is my favorite part of coming home from the mountains. My dogs are usually hyper but they have never played "I think you are my toy and I want to eat you".

    ReplyDelete