Friday, April 10, 2015

Sol the hair cut

"Are you sure" My mom says
I look out the car window at the hair salon. Its a small brick building at the end of the block. It has ivy growing up the side and garden filled with little white flowers. There is a big window in place of a wall on one side. I can see people sitting in chairs talking to there hairdressers and reading magazines.
"Yeah" I respond
My mom looks at me with her eyebrow raised smiling.
"Ok then" she says getting out of the car.
I open the door and look down at my hair. It is long it comes down about four inches past my shoulders. I pick up a dark brown strand and hold it between my fingers and examine it. I drop it and get out of the car.
 My mom holds open the door to salon, and I walk in. We both casually sit down in the waiting room and wait for our name to be called. While we are waiting I contemplate what I am about to do.

Cut all your hair off are you insane?
It will look great
You'll look ridiculous 
No I won't It will be awesome, I mean YOLO right
YOLO is just a way people justify there stupid actions
This isn't stupid 
Yes it is 
It isn't...is it?
It is
I am about to tell my mom that I don't want to do this when our name is called
"Woodberry"
Oh god
My mom talks to the lady at the front while Brad ( My hairdresser/family friend) takes me int the back.
"So" Brad say"You want a pixie cut?"
"Yeah"
"And your not going to chicken out this time"
"No"
Brad smiles at me.
"So how's school" He asks casually
"Good, I mean its over but good"
"Thats good"
"Hey Brad" I say
"Yeah" He responds
"Do you think my hair is ing enough for locks of love?"
Brad looks at it. He than opens a near by drawer and pulls out a tape measure.
"Just barely, but yes"
"Awesome"
He grabs a pony tail holder and puts my hair up. He grabs his scissors and looks at me.
"Are you sure" He says
I smile and nod. The is no turning back now
I take a deep breath
Snip

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting predicament. Glad you decided to cut it. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete