Sunday, November 23, 2014

sol 3

"Well be leaving in just a minute let me just go say goodbye too...oh hey you I haven't seen you in..." 
I sat in the corner waiting to leave. I have always felt awkward at weddings. You have relatives squeezing your cheeks talking about how much you've grown and how cute of a baby you where. Then after the wave of old people you and all the other children are pushed together and forced to socialize. I look at the empty table around me trying to resist the temptation to pull out my book. 
I walk outside. Its nice out, its warm with a slight breeze and very sunny. I walk down the steps and go sit by the edge of the fountain. I look around to see if anyone is nearby, nobody is so I pop open my book and start reading. 
I dive into the world of detective Michel Bennant whom is trying to catch a killer while keep his hectic family from spinning out of control. I stay here until (an hour later) we finally leave.

1 comment:

  1. This post describes almost everything that I hate about weddings: annoying children and relatives. You really captured the feeling well.

    ReplyDelete