Tuesday, December 16, 2014

sol 6

"Sloan get up"
I lay in my bed wrapped in my sheets. I was exhausted from the time change and did not want to get out of bed.
"Mrrrrrrraaah" which for those of you that don't speak half awake grumpy Sloan means "Go away I don't care. Unless its something large, scary,dangerous, or cool don't wake me up."
"There is a giraffe on our front porch"
"Mrshrrr"I moan which means "I'm thinking about it"
"I'm coming"
I pop out of bed and slip my jeans on and pull my green lantern shirt over my head. I run down the steps that lead me down to the front door and run next to my Mom who is poking her head out the door. She is still in her pajamas as she motions me over I look out and I see a giraffe poking its head in to the window of one of our neighbors rooms.
"Oh my god" I look up at my Mom who smiles at me.
"There is a bucket of giraffe feed in the dining room"
"You're kidding"
"Nope"
I run into the other room. It feels like Christmas. I grab the bucket of feed. They look like tootsie rolls but there are grainy and a lighter brown. I walk out onto the porch with the bucket in my hand. I came face to face to a giraffe. I took a step closer to it and took a handful of feed out of the bucket. I looked over at one of the staff feeding it. The giraffe would stick its tongue out and then he would throw the pellets in one by one into its mouth. I tried this technique and success! My brother came out and I showed him how to feed the giraffes.
"Slice of life time"I hear my mom shout
"Very funny"I say
"I wasn't kidding"
"But Mom giraffes""
"Slice of life"
"Grrrr"Which in Sloan means "Revenge is coming"

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really cool and fun! It seems that your trip to Africa is going pretty well so far.

    ReplyDelete