Tuesday, September 2, 2014

summer book

This summer I read tick tock by James Patterson. It is a thriller about a cop named Michael Bennett, who looking for a copy cat killer. I really enjoyed this book, it had a lot of nice cliff hangers, twists and it kept you guessing. My one complaint was the character development. Many of the characters where unrealistic, cliche, and had a lot of potential to be better characters, an example of this is when a love triangle was thrown in but never put into action. My last complaint was the fact the that there where too  many focuses, below I have made a list of things that the author made you focus on:

1. The love triangle 

2. Catching the killer

3. The main characters children ( there are twelve kids all adopted and we have to to remember there names where they are from and there ages)

4. The kid and his family that is beating up the main characters children 

5. How evil the villain is ( there are page long conversations about him PAGE LONG )

Thats five focuses, I love the twist but this book needs to sort out its priorities.

TBR
1.Uglies

2. The Summer of letting go

3. A mango shaped space

4.Fangirl

5. Elenor and Park 




2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good book. I will think about reading it, but i appreciate your thought on the book having to many focuses.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool book! I'm all about mysteries. I may give it a shot! Fangirl and A Mango Shaped Space both seem like really good books.

    ReplyDelete