Monday, February 10, 2014

sol

I walk into the rickety house and dodge the swinging plastic that soars at my face with a gust of wind. I look around. My surroundings seem almost unrecognizable but I can make out where I am by the set up and the smell of pine. After about an hour of taking the covers off things, turning on the electricity, and moving furniture it looks like the place were I spent my summer for as long as can remember. I sit down it feels so nice know that we turned on the ancient air conditioner.
The whole family hates it but my grandma likes to get a "full use of it" so all because of some nonsense from my grandma we our burning up all summer long. I like to think of it as a genie. If it feels kind it will grant you an escape from scorching heat. But if it is mad it will break down and stop working.

By now my mom and I our done we sit down on the couch. We sit down and turn on the TV. Ah zen at last. After five minutes the room starts heat up and I look over at the air conditioner.

You stupid genie

No comments:

Post a Comment