Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Loser

Before I write anything I just want to say that I love Jerry Spinelli, so for this book I set the bar high. Jerry Spinelli has written amazing children's classic such as Maniac Magee and Stargirl two books that would probably be in my top 20 favorites if I were to rank them. So in the nicest most professional way possible I have to say this book sucked. First off it has no real theme, the title hardly even makes any since. The main character Zinkoff (which by the way sounds like a clean fluid)  is only called loser three times: one when he loses a race, two when he's talking to himself, three when some kids are bullying him. I can begin to describe what goes on not because its confusing but because like I said before there is no theme. If I had to describe it I would say its about his life from kindergarden to his first year in middle school. I would not recommend this book to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment